the 22nd birthday


For the past couple of years I've approached my birthday with a "I hate my birthday" mentality. I think it started when I came up with the idea that I always had to have a perfect day for my birthday- but then of course whenever there was the smallest flaw- it was automatically ruined.

So this year, I went with the "it's just another ordinary day" mentality- and tbh it was probably one of my favorite birthday's. Sure, 5 years later I probably won't remember what I did on my 22nd birthday because I didn't do anything extravagant- but honestly I couldn't have asked for more. There were no expectations, everything was done on a whim with my some of my best friends, and it was nothing good vibes. (vibes vibes vibes ~~)

22. I'm thankful for good health and the best friends. Cheers to being young but also hustling to get my life together.

mom and dad's garden is perfect for #ootd's
necklace: dear survivor
top: forever 21
shorts: american apparel
shoes: converse
park chillin ~ 

cute note i found in a book at savers
bike riding in monterey





________

  • no expectations, no disappointments 
  • all you need is the right attitude
  • surround yourself with bomb ass friends
  • take a bike ride
  • leave notes in books
  • love your friends 
  • $8 per hour to bike ride in monterey

 

Meet The Author

Jackie G. 22. UCLA. Sociology. Koalas. Probably blogging about my feels, music, movies, fashion, art, and everything else in between.