the seven magic mountains / vegas

Seven Magic Mountains 
S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89054
for more info: sevenmagicmountains.com
The first time my friend Sara and I drove passed the Seven Magic Mountains, we were like .. "what are those bright fruit-loop colored eraser tops doing in the middle of nowhere?" Weeks after, we realized that we missed out on a public art installation done by Swiss artist Ugo Rondinone. Since then I've been dying to go back. So thank goodness I decided to take a Vegas trip and I was able to see them up close myself! What I loved most about this installation was 1. the loud and bright colors and 2. not only was able to enjoy the art that was placed there, but also the beautiful surrounding view that has been taken for granted. 

If you're around the area or you're about to turn up in Vegas, this is definitely worth the stop! 

 

Like I said, I decided to take a Vegas trip - for many reasons.
(lol why do I always end up numbering things)
1. It was long overdue since the last time I hung out with my bestfriend Bryanna. I missed just being lazy with her and watching tv and being fat. Also since we both just graduated, this was finally the perfect time to catch up on lost time.
2. I needed to just leave Salinas because I was going crazy.
3. I wanted to spend time with bae because... bae.
4. After months of being lost and confused about post-grad, moving toVegas became an option.

.. and I know what you're thinking.. but let's hold that thought.




On the note of bae, here's me officially stating that this is my girlfriend, Mary-Fer. OOoooO shocker! Wait-actually it may be a shocker cause I was pretty low-key about us but not really low-key lol, so probably not. All you need to know is that I'm happy. (But yeah, here's your shoutout babe. I'll write more about you later on a different post or something. k bye *shaka*)


During my two weeks of staying in Vegas, I contemplated a lot. I went in with an open mind, but I also started weighing out my options. 

A month ago I was planning on moving to SF / Bay Area, pumping myself up to be around a whole new vibe. I even started applying to jobs and looking for internships, but as I started to look into it more, I wasn't exactly sure if I was being realistic. 

Long story short, in a few weeks I'll be moving to Vegas and living with my best friend. At first I tried writing the thought process of my decision, but I backspaced too much and realized that I don't really owe anyone an explanation. If you wanna ask me in person, I'd be more willing to talk about it! But for now, I'm going to leave it at that. Yes, it's a bit of a jump and was not really according to what I planned, but when did a little spontaneity ever kill anyone?- don't answer that. LOL. 

However, before y'all assume that I'm moving there for my girlfriend, I want y'all to suck my dick because no - I will not include her on my reasons of why moving there (no offense, but you know).  



... But I also have no shame on including one reason, my new cat Kygo! Everyone, this is Kygo. He's waiting for me in Vegas. He was born on 4/20 (blaze it, jk). He likes to hide in the couch away from momma during the day and he likes to meow at her at 5am in the morning.

_________

Overall, this is going to be a chapter in my life and it's scary not knowing what is ahead, but I'm ready. You may think: Jackie, why Vegas? There's nothing there.

SKURRRT-
If people can drive in the middle of nowhere in a dry ass dessert and stumble across beautiful art like the Seven Magic Mountains, then I can do the same. *mic drop*

_________
  • find beauty and opportunity everywhere
  • get a cat

 

Meet The Author

Jackie G. 22. UCLA. Sociology. Koalas. Probably blogging about my feels, music, movies, fashion, art, and everything else in between.