the broad




The Broad 
221 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012
There is something about art museums that make me feel hopeful.

Perhaps it's the ability to step inside a new realm of ideas that is beyond my own,
tangibly seeing something that was in someone's mind,
and immersing myself in emotions given by strangers.
_______________

After a long quarter, going to The Broad was the most therapeutic thing I could have done for myself. It was nice to finally relax and stimulate my mind with colorful stories and misleading images. Spending my last summer in New York where we were going to art museums almost every day, this was very nostalgic for me. There were even a few pieces that I remembered seeing in NY that I saw here, and it took me back to a friendly place.

If there is one thing that I love more than art museums, it is people that I can enjoy them with. A lot is told by how someone looks at an art piece. There are definitely people that go there to be seen or just to take cool pictures. Which isn't bad nor wrong. But I can truly appreciate people who can stay in a museum, not having to talk, and just absorb everything in with me. So, thank you Pablo for this day. hehe.

Overall, The Broad was fun and free! If you try booking tickets ahead of time online, the next dates that it'll show will probably be in February. However, I recommend just heading there and waiting in the standby line. Some friends said they waited from 20-40 minutes (which I think would be worth it), but if you're lucky, you won't even have to wait like my friend and I! We got there around 2:30pm on a Thursday without tickets, and there was no line and they let us in right away. It's definitely the hype right now, but it's way better than what you see just on Instagram.
















 

Meet The Author

Jackie G. 22. UCLA. Sociology. Koalas. Probably blogging about my feels, music, movies, fashion, art, and everything else in between.