the month of movies

If you know me, you'd probably know that I'm the worst with keeping up with movies. Even with classic movies, I probably haven't watched it. Every Harry Potter fan or Star Wars fan has all rights to slow roast me because I haven't watched any episode of either series (except the 3rd Harry Potter movie). LOL. But when I get the chance, I try to watch the movies that I heard were really good by my friends or just randomly picking movies on Netflix. This month I had more time during break to watch movies, so here are a few that I recommend:
Dope -  Comedy / Drama


Dope has definitely been on my must-watch list since it came out and if you haven't watched it already, I dare you to put it on your list as well. This movie was definitely uniquely crafted with humor and style but also revealing the reality race, sexuality, drugs, and all that goes along with growing up in rough circumstances. This movie may not be for everyone, but be prepared for nudity, perhaps some sensitive topics (?), but overall I enjoyed it. 
The Martian- Adventure


I am also horrible at staying awake for movies. No matter how good it is, I just get too comfy and start to doze off. I almost did that a few times with this movie, but it was only because I was watching this at 2am-4am. It's a pretty lengthy movie but pretty interesting all throughout. I'm probably far from recommending this because everyone has seemed to watch it already. After watching this I definitely questioned why I'm not trying to be an astronaut. It was brilliant.  
The Song of the Sea - Musical Animation


SO CUTE! I was lowkey hesitant before watching this movie because I thought it was going to be a corny children's movie, but it far exceeded my expectations. Not only was it adorable, but I loved loved loved the beautiful artwork that went along with the creative story-line. If you love movies such as My Neighbor Totoro or Spirited Away, I think you'd love this movie as well. 
Me Earl and the Dying Girl -Comedy / Drama


Go watch this right now. My roommate kept nagging me to watch this movie after she watched it, but at first I didn't want to listen because I saw her crying and I refused to watch a sad movie! But this has become easily one of my favorite movies. Cinematography on point. Story-line on point. Humor on point. I don't even want to say any more, go watch it yourself! 

 

Meet The Author

Jackie G. 22. UCLA. Sociology. Koalas. Probably blogging about my feels, music, movies, fashion, art, and everything else in between.