the utopia



Utopia: an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect
______

We all have our own understanding of what utopia means to us and they're all valid. To some people, it's a physical place, a person, a feeling, a state of mind, or heaven - and it's all valid.

I also think it all goes back to what you believe in.

I believe in God. I believe in heaven and hell. I believe in myself. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that I'm on a journey and I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. I believe in people having their own idea of perfection and having their own personal goals in what they want out of their lives and even after death.

As for utopia, I believe in multiple utopias.

For me, on earth, right now- my utopia is a feeling.
My utopia is feeling free and weightless.

Feeling free and weightless is a lot like being in love, but I want it to be between myself and the universe. I want to feel free to be my complete and whole self with everyone and everything around me. I want to feel limitless and creative.  I want to feel completely loved and confident in myself. I want to create art and receive art from the world. I want to feel content, but still striving for more.

How do I get there? That's up to me.

______

  • constantly reflect 
  • invest in people and places that give you love in return

 

Meet The Author

Jackie G. 22. UCLA. Sociology. Koalas. Probably blogging about my feels, music, movies, fashion, art, and everything else in between.