the acupuncture





Sigh.

I've recently been so stressed out and tense about everything. My back aches, I can't focus, I want to sleep forever, BUT I HAVE TO KEEP GOING. Having to balance school, being president of my organization, work, and a social life is exhausting. Some days I'll come home wanting to cry because of how overwhelmed I am. I often get wrapped in so many meetings and running around that I feel like I don't have time to breathe. I feel like sometimes I forget to take care of myself before I take care of everyone else around me and then I start feeling like a robot. *cues robot dance* So I felt like doing something for myself today was very necessary.

So, I skipped class this morning..  to receive acupuncture. LOL. It's just kinda funny to me because it's kinda random. I've never done it before so I didn't know what to expect! But the lady that helped me was really gentle and kind, and she made me feel really comfortable. I told her my reasonings for coming in: back ache, stress, headaches, anxiety, etc. so she ended up performing acupuncture below my knees, my legs, and feet- (which at first I thought was really weird- but after she explained why, it made sense). I was so nervous because I'm not a huge fan of needles, but the needles didn't hurt one bit! I felt a tingling sensation, which made me want to move my legs around, but of course I didn't want to mess up any of the needles or hurt myself. The procedure was really fast, less than 15 minutes itself.

I honestly don't know if it really worked. Sometimes I believe that it may be all mental and if you believe that it'll work, it'll work. But for some reason, her words were enough to give me positive energy anyways because acupuncture is so damn poetic and I love it! Sure there are physical reasons for targeting certain areas, but for the most part, it's metaphoric and highkey beautiful. So overall, I appreciated it and I would probably do it again.

~ sends positive vibes all around~
________

  • self-love and self-care is important
  • take the time out of your day to do something for yourself
  • find a place where you can stop and reflect on your own
  • try something new
  • talk to someone about how you're feeling
  • read poetry
  • try acupuncture 

 

Meet The Author

Jackie G. 22. UCLA. Sociology. Koalas. Probably blogging about my feels, music, movies, fashion, art, and everything else in between.